We had a wonderful Christmas where the highlight, in the gifts department, was Madelyn getting an American Girl doll named Kit. Now, she and Rylie both have one along with every other girl on the street, it seems. Although these dolls are highly overprices, I had TOO MUCH fun looking at the clothing choices online and choosing my favorites--I may be in trouble! Another huge highlight was my surprise gift of an iPad!! I am not a tech gadget fanatic, but there is something about that little tablet that holds so much possibility that enthralls me. Luckily, my husband is indulgent!
Funny story: One day, Madelyn and I were watching TV and there was a short story on Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement. Since I remember so clearly being 4 or 5 years old and sitting on the floor watching the wedding ceremony of Prince Charles and Diana and being in love with her from that moment until her death, I have no problem with the hype of this upcoming wedding. Here's how the conversation went:
April: "Mad, see that lady? She's going to marry that man and when she does, she will become a real life princess."
Mad (pops her thumb out of her mouth) and says: "Which one?"
April: "What do you mean?"
Mad: "Will she be Belle?" (from Beauty and the Beast, I assume because Kate has dark hair like Belle)
April: "No, she will be a real princess and will be called the Princess of Wales."
Mad: "What color will her dress be?"
April: "I'm not sure. Let's listen and see if they tell us on TV."
Mad: "Will it be blue since that's the color of whales?"
April: Laughs!!
April: Laughs!!
Kai calls Rylie "Oh, oh, oh O'Reilly" from the auto parts commericial! He has started saying his own name in the last few days. It comes out sort of a cross between "Ty" and "die".