The sky was never blue while we were there, but the night sky lit up when I took this photo.
By the pictures above, you can see that Eric and I flew to Seattle to visit Amy, Brian and their new baby Stefan. It was such a special moment in my life to see my baby sister as a new mom. We had a ton of laughs and great moments together during my first trip to Seattle. Eric and I went on a "Seattle Underground Tour" and spent hours at the Easy Street Record Store where I almost cried when I found a never opened Abbey Road album as well as several other music treasures (10 CDs for $2 mystery pack!). Thankfully, since Stefan loves to be out and about rather than at home, we visited the Space Needle, the Music Experience Project where we saw several Jimi Hendrix smashed guitars and drank local micro brews and ate tasty apps during Seattle's infamous Happy Hour that is daily throughout the city. On Sunday, we watched the Super Bowl (meaning Eric and Brian watched it while Amy and I drove around visiting the neat areas of town, talking and shopping for most of the game). Great time and I love that baby!
Latest on the kids...
-Madelyn has a bit of a kleptomaniac problem--recently she stuck spoons from school lunch down her pants (not sure why anyone would want spoons down their pants?). But, the one that takes the cake is, while we were in Seattle, she took my former wedding ring out of my jewelry box and took it to school. My heart fell into my stomach when I found that out! Luckily, it wasn't lost!!!! On a lighter note, she is learning about birds at school and amazes us with her knowledge of the black capped chickadee, the northern bobwhite and the white breasted nut hatch. That girl's memory is phenomenal.
For Ry, she loves gymnastics and chapter books. She is plowing through those books so quickly that I can't keep up! Yesterday, she and I took a knitting class--let's see if that becomes a new love. In her quest to turn her straight hair curly, we spent several evenings a week after her shower braiding her hair or putting it in pink sponge curlers (those old lady ones you are thinking of). Mama (Jan) told her long ago that eating the crust of your bread will turn your hair curly, but I think she's given up on that and moved to more conventional methods.
Kai--talking like crazy! He's started sleeping with a little stuffed dog, so each night it's "Where my dog?" before bed. We also hear A LOT of "Wet me do it!" and "I wanna help!" and "I don't know" and "What mommy/daddy doing?" While watching a movie, he will ask at least 1000 times, "What's happening?" or "What they doing?" He has been spending a lot of time lately on his obsession with chapstick (tracking it down every where he goes throughout the house) and helping his daddy move the vegetable gardens. Kai is convinced that he's being helpful, but Eric might have a different story since Kai often takes the dirt OUT that Eric recently placed IN.
As a final note, we have tickets to Taylor Swift in July!!!! Wahoo! The girls and I are going with several girls on the street...Laine, Emma C, Audrey and Katie. Can't wait!