Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our funny Kai

This kid is always saying something funny and, since he sees the world from a 4-year old's eyes, his interpretation of things is often unique!

-The kids were in VBS a few weeks ago learning about Paul's journey through Athens (Acts 15-18). Madelyn told me Paul was being chased by "angry Munns" and Kai kept saying Paul was being chased by "angry moms" (made me laugh everytime)...neither sounded quite right, but I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. Finally, I realized..."angry mobs"!  Can you imagine his visual of a bunch of angry moms running through the streets, fists held high, chasing Paul?

-"I'm sweat" instead of "I'm sweaty".  I love it so I haven't corrected him.

-He calls the washing machine the "wetter".  It makes since to him because one is the wetter and one is the dryer.  He has been corrected on this one a few times, but he insists that his is a better representation of its function.

-"Mommy, I can feel my heart beeping!"

-He calls a dog's or a horse's snout their "horn".  Why?

-His big toe is the "thumb toe".  Again, he has been corrected, but prefers his lexicon instead.