My family often asks what Kai is saying that's funny these days. The thing is, he's hilarious all the time so it is hard to pinpoint certain things. These come to mind:
Watching the IU game, he points to the guys in their warm-up suits and says, "Mommy, they are wearing their pajamas!"
He is fascinated with the Wax Vac infomercial . This is a
product that claims to clean the wax out of your ears with ultrasonic
technology. For a while, he was
convinced that Madelyn was going to buy him one with some of her birthday
money. Several weeks later, I gave him a
pretend credit card that I got in the mail and asked what he was going to
buy with it. “A Wax Vac, a pretend one.” Two months later, he says, "I wish people wouldn’t give me stickers all
the time (stores, church). I wish they
would give me money so I can buy a Wax Vac."
"I either want to be Spiderman or Superman when I grow
up. I’m not sure which one yet."
This is just sweet goodness: I ask, “Kai, why do we sing songs about Jesus?” Sweet boy answers, “Because he loves
us.” The maturity of that answer from a
4 year old astounds me. We love because
he first loved us. -1 John 4:19.A funny one from the girls:
One day, we drove by a homeless man with a sign. Madelyn asked, "Did his sign say Homeless?" Rylie adds, "A vegetarian
homeless?" It really said, “Veteran Homeless”. We are sorry we had an uproarious laugh at your expense, poor homeless man.
In other general updates, we have been busy with school projects, visits to the local museums (Children's, Fine Art and Science) and libraries for theme events (like celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday) and tennis lessons for the girls. Rylie participated in her first one-mile-fun-run as part of her school's 5K fundraiser. We thought this might be a great way for her and Eric to exercise together. Unfortunately, she said she's never doing that again. It didn't help that she was in the throws of a stomach flu at the time, but...
Coming up, we are looking forward to having our friends Jen and Michael, the Barradales, and my mom and sister visit in the next few months. We are heading to Charlotte in a few weeks for Spring Break to spend time with family and friends and getting excited about Brian and Sandi's upcoming wedding in a month. And, we're looking forward to Flying Squirrel baseball season starting; we are so close to the stadium that we can walk there.
Still desperately searching local friends for everyone! Madelyn has been blessed with her new friend, Lily, who's in her class and lives down the street. Kai loves spending time with his friend, Cooper, who is the son of our long-time Richmond friends, John and Jill. I guess the problem really resides with Eric, Rylie and me. boo hoo.