Monday, November 8, 2010

Little insights...

As a result of all the Halloween candy in the house, I have learned that all my kids like hard candy. Madelyn always picks sticky candy like Airheads and Laffy Taffy, Kai always picks suckers and makes the biggest mess, and Ry usually picks things like Sweettarts or Dots but occasionally will go for chocolate. All this works out amazingly well for me, the chocolate lover. Eric gets the shaft since he's a hard candy lover too!

Songs being sung in our house: "California Girlz" by Katy Perry, "Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland, any Taylor Swift (of course) but the latest is "Mean" on the new CD.

Rylie, Eric and I went tonight to our church office so that the Elders and Pastor Skip could pray for her. Last December, she accepted Jesus as her savior and has expressed a desire to have communion. To her, there is no other option; why wouldn't you have faith and have a relationship with Jesus Christ? A beautiful picture of a claimed Daughter of Zion! After we left, she said, "I thought they were going to ask me easy questions like why He died for us." I am amazed by our valiant child full of grace, Rylie Grace. We talked about what a big job she has as the big sister to help her sister and brother come to Christ as well. God knew what he was doing making her the eldest--she WILL proclaim His love and goodness to them. Another story--last Friday, I came home in a bad mood from work and, unfortunately, proceeded to get the whole family in a bad mood. Rylie suggested, "Maybe we should go upstairs and read the Bible." Rylie, my sister in Christ, I need you to remind me. Thank you.