
Kai Michael Titler made his speedy arrival into the world on Saturday, September 20 at 8:39pm. He weighs 7 lbs, 5 ozs. and is 20 inches long. He is quite handsome with auburn hair, blue eyes, long toes and big hands. He looks a lot like Rylie when she was born. I started contractions at 1pm and we arrived at the hospital about 5pm. As they were assessing me to determine if I was really in labor, my contractions basically stopped completely. We were sure they were going to send me home, but the doctor confirmed that I was 3-4 cm and 90% effaced. I spent quite a bit of time in the jacuzzi which was comforting during contractions. Things started getting pretty hard and fast around 7pm. I pushed maybe twice and I heard his strong cries. I am feeling good, but need lots of naps!
The girls came by this morning to meet their baby bro. Rylie, the consummate big sis, woke up begging to come see him. She was sweet and held him gently, then excitedly did jumping jacks for us in the hospital room. Madelyn is the one who we will need to work on. She showed her love by smacking the top of his head and tickling his face with her too-long fingernails! She is all out in everything she does. They were both so excited that they acted wild for the 30 minutes they were here.
We are heading home tomorrow.