Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! We went to the doctor yesterday for Rylie's hand and, after waiting 1 hour to see him, he told us that she is on a wonderful path to a full recovery and he doesn't need to see her anymore!!! The doctors make no promises regarding scarring, but with the way her hand and leg looks, I can't imagine that any scars will be that noticeable. We are just so thankful that she healed so quickly, doesn't seem traumatized, and has complete use of her hand. We were even cleared for the swimming pool and the beach...necessary activities for a Carolina 4 year old.
Now, we can begin to focus on other activities such as the house and the baby. They installed the countertops and graded the front yard this week. We are trying to get the builder to give us a closer date with little success. I have, however, begun looking into financing options since it seems like the only things left to do on the house are the kitchen backsplash, hardwoods stained, plumbing fixtures installed and yard landscaped (I could be so wrong. Who knows?). This darling baby growing inside me has been very patient during our burn event and hasn't given me much trouble. I have these odd symptoms that will come, stay for about a week, then go. The latest is cramping in my right leg and foot that is a result of poor circulation (thank you for the varicose veins, mom, I love you!). Also, I am beginning to get out of breath occasionally. We thought we had decided on a name, but we are questioning our decision now. We can't see a little Kai (Ky) Titler running around unless he's a surfer and we live at the beach. Rylie informed us that it didn't matter what we named him, she was going to call him Kai; I guess we know what his nickname will be then. Feisty little Madelyn is just as entertaining one minute as she is challenging the next. I guess that is par for the course with a 2 year old. She can really scream when she's mad!! She has picked up on phrases like "That's awesome"and "Oh my goodness". And, she can still eat as much as a grown man. She had a bowl of cereal, cheese, and 1 1/2 PB&J sandwiches tonight for dinner and was then eyeing my pasta (leftover night). She refers to both boys and girls as "her" and thinks that burps and toots are the funniest (that DOES sound like a Warren, doesn't it)!