Thursday, June 19, 2008

Great news!!

Rylie and I went to her first occupational therapy appointment today and after the assessment, the therapist told me the most wonderful news I think I have ever heard...she does not need to attend additional sessions and she will have full range of motion in her left hand!!!!! Praise God who is always good and who loves our little girl more than we could ever imagine. Rylie says that God and His angels come down at night to heal her hand while she sleeps. We are convinced of this given her quick recovery. If you have ever had a sick or really hurt child, you understand that, in one instant, nothing becomes more important than his or her healing. We have been through an extremely rough three weeks and I can't express to you, my family and friends, how much your love and support has meant to us and how much it has helped us. Rylie is SO loved. We are SO loved.

About a week ago, she experienced a reaction to either the latex glove or the bacitracin ointment (the new bandage process requested by our doctor). She had red blisters all over her hand. We struggled with that for a few days and finally decided to leave the bandage off completely as of yesterday. That was the right thing to do, I believe, because it quickly made it easier for her to move and use her hand throughout the day. She is getting more confident each day with her hand. We have another doctor appointment next Wednesday and I am eager to hear what he has to say.

Again, thank you!!
The Titlers