







Kai's inaugural cereal-with-a-spoon-adventure was a success! He grabbed at the spoon, trying to get it in his mouth faster. And he did a great job of actually swallowing the cereal and not just poking it back out with his tongue. Now he is sleeping soundly with a full belly. We are no longer swaddling him to get him to sleep. We just put him in bed and he will either fall asleep with a paci or his thumb in his mouth. He found his feet and loves to play with them when he is getting his diaper changed. Finally, Kai has made another fabulous discovery--these interesting creatures that mommy and daddy call "dog" and "cat" that roam the house. They have become, quite possibly, more interesting than his sisters, if that's possible.
Speaking of the sisters, here are the latest funny things Rylie has said:
- One day, we drove by a water tower that was being constructed. We told her that that’s where the water that we drink is stored. She asked us where the apple juice tower was.
- Mam-ma “The Weese” gave you a picture of Jesus. You said, “Does that make me learn more about God so I can have that juice and bread?”
- Just today, Eric was channel surfing and Rylie came downstairs to hang out with him. She said, "The kid shows are really good." Later she said, "Do you want to watch hunting? I think you should watch it because you like hunting so much." (so thoughtful)
Madelyn:
- Funny phrases she uses: “I know just the thing…”, “You’re kidding me”, “instead”, “You need to try harder”.
- We are trying everything we can think of to potty train her, but she has no interest. I was trying to persuade her by saying that all her friends from church like Asher, Weston and Luke were potty trained and would be moving to a different class soon. She quickly replied, “I don’t like them anyway.” (such a Madelyn response)
- After watching Hannah Montana in the evenings with mommy and Rylie, she answered Eric one day with, "Whatever, daddy!"
- Probably won't be the last time I hear this come out of my daughter's mouth: "Mommy, I hate you." Yikes! Lord, please help this child!!
Included are pictures from Valentine's Day, Kai in his exersaucer (holding his hands at his chest which he is prone to do) and eating cereal.