


We are going to have a baby boy! We had our ultrasound today and, instead of finding out the baby's sex at the doctor's office, we decided to wait and have the ultrasound tech place the "secret" in an envelope for us to open during lunch today. I figured that was pretty good delayed gratification for me (1 hour), someone who can't stand to wait for surprises. At first the baby was being modest, but after a little belly shaking the tech was able to see very clearly what she needed to see. All other indicators checked out great on the ultrasound and the baby is measuring about a week bigger than we have estimated, but the doc didn't want to change the due date from Sept. 25. We are so excited and blessed to start planning for a baby boy. My family hasn't had a boy born into the family in 22 years and it was 32 years before that. Needless to say, the Warrens will have some fun adjustments to make!! To add to this week of fun, Eric and I are going to a Jimmy Buffett concert tonight (sober! Am I making a mistake?!) and heading to beautiful Beaufort, SC for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I will probably obsess about baby names during the drive.
We have also been making lots of trips to see the progress of our house which will be ready in Aug. or Sept. I have included some pictures that were taken last weekend. There's one of silly Madelyn in her new room, one of me and the little munchkin in his room, and one of the outside of the house. The room above the garage is Maddie's room, Rylie's is behind hers (facing the backyard) and they will share a Jack and Jill bathroom. The baby's room is the room next to Madelyn's facing the street. Our room will be upstairs and to the far right. Eric is thrilled about the bigger-than-expected crawl space. Only drawback so far seems to be the 3 yappy dogs next door. Chloe will enjoy munching on them for afternoon snacks this Fall. ha!
The weekend before that, I went on a Women's Retreat with 30 women from church. We had a very good, enlightening time in a beautiful location in the mountains called Montreat (apparently, I am a Presbyterian now). During that week, however, I was suffering from the first migraines I've ever had and was told by the doctor that they are pregnancy-related. They finally went away after about 10 days of non-stop migraine or headache pain. I hated taking the medicine I was given because it put me to sleep for hours at a time and it was hard to function day-to-day that way. I really hope and pray they don't return EVER!
The girls are great. Rylie is really working on being a good listener at school and home and writing letters and numbers. Madelyn is constantly spouting funny phrases like:
Instead of “What’s that?” which would be an easy question, it's “What’s that for?”
Instead of “What’s that?” which would be an easy question, it's “What’s that for?”
Whatcha doing?
No way, Jose! (Jose is a much used word by Madelyn, it follows many sayings)
Thank you so much
Oh my goodness (doodness)
Oh, man… (may-een)
Wicious (Delicious)
Wy-wee Dace (Rylie Grace)
No way, Jose! (Jose is a much used word by Madelyn, it follows many sayings)
Thank you so much
Oh my goodness (doodness)
Oh, man… (may-een)
Wicious (Delicious)
Wy-wee Dace (Rylie Grace)
When we can't get her to give us a goodnight hug or kiss, we ask if Jose will give us one and "he" usually does. We have a joke that Rylie's bad side is "Rosa" and it seems as if Madelyn's good side is "Jose".
Is that a good enough update for you, Emmy? :)